Undertime can arrise for a few reasons:
- The employee clocked out early
- The total hours the employee worked is less than his scheduled shift
Whatever the reason, make sure that you are resolving any undertime issues so that your employees get paid appropriately for the amount of time that they worked.
Tip: Resolving undertime statues is a good way to keep track of which employees are not working enough hours. Consider chatting with them to make sure they are using their time effectively.
Helping hand: If you need to know how to find the Attendance tab in your Dashboard, read our article: Resolving an employee’s Attendance status
What an undertime status looks like:
Different ways to resolve undertime
In the image above you will notice that there are three different options available to resolve the employee’s undertime (UT) status:
- Submit as is and submit UT – the employee is approved for UT
- Revert to as scheduled – the employee is not approved for UT and you want to revert their clock out time to the scheduled clock out time. Doing this will override any late clock ins and early clock outs
- Only submit HH:MM hours of UT – if you want to override the employee’s UT hours
- For Account owners, you can double check the employee’s undertime record by going to the “Review” under the employee profile. Once you click on the date, look for rollcall item “payroll_ut” if they have this on the rollcall day, they are deducted undertime/late by how minutes/hours that was resolved.
Once you have found an appropriate option:
- Select the option you wish to use
- Write a reason in the Update Reason box
- Click the Submit at Resolved button
Important: You are required to state a reason for the resolution you chose.
That concludes the ‘How to resolve undertime’ article. You should now know how to resolve an undertime attendance status, confidently.
If you have any further questions, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d be happy to help.