A missing clock in can happen for a couple of reasons:
- The employee did not think they had a scheduled shift for that day
- The employee had a scheduled shift and forgot to clock in
Whatever the reason, make sure that you are resolving missing clock ins so that your employee gets paid for the full amount of time that they were at work.
Tip: If your employees are continually missing clock ins, consider placing reminders at key points in their daily routine. If your employees get coffee first thing in the morning, why not place a device or computer next to the coffee machine?
In this article we’re going to show you:
- What a missing clock in status looks like
- How to resolve it using different options
Helping hand: If you need to know how to find the Attendance tab in your Dashboard, read our article: Resolving an employee’s Attendance status
What a missing clock in looks like:
Different ways to resolve a missing clock in
In the image above you will notice that there are three different options available to resolve your employee’s attendance status:
- Yes, he was absent – the employee did not clock in and was not at work
- Apply grace, set his clock in time to his scheduled time – the employee worked that day and started work at their scheduled time
- He just forgot to clock in, use: HH:MM as his clock in time – the employee worked that day and forgot to clock in, but they started earlier or later than their scheduled time. Use this option to override their schedule
Once you have found an appropriate option:
- Select the option you wish to use
- Write a reason in the Update Reason box
- Click the Submit at Resolved button
Important: You are required to state a reason for the resolution you chose.
That concludes the ‘How to resolve a missing clock in’ article. You should now know how to resolve a missing clock in attendance status, confidently.
If you have any further questions, please send us a message on email@example.com – we’d be happy to help.