Hipchat Integration adds real time updates about who is in or who just left the office as well where or which worksite the employees are currently working. Please contact email@example.com to activate this feature.
To integrate PayrollHero to Hipchat follow the steps below:
– Create a hipchat account – https://www.hipchat.com/
On your email, confirm your hipchat registration:
Once you click on the link, it should open up to where you can create your HipChat Account:
Click on the “API” – https://www.hipchat.com/admin/api and enter your HipChat Password:
To create the token, set the type to “Notification”
Label it meaningfully, eg. “PayrollHero Notifications” or “Company Attendance”
Once your token, is created, copy it and create a hipchat room for attendance notifications or you can use the default chat room:
To create a new chat room, click on “My Account” and then “Launch the Web app”
Once you have created the chat room, go to your PayrollHero account.
Under Settings, there should be a page called “Integrations”
Paste the API token as well as the HipChat Room you created for the Attendance notification.
Clicking on the links should open up to Google Maps and you’d know where the location of the employee is.
That’s it! You’ll now see updates of employee’s clocking in or clocking out during the day.
How to re-authenticate or update the HipChat Integration?
If your HipChat Attendance Room is not showing any new attendance, this means that the HipChat Integration has been disabled, you should be receiving an email from the PayrollHero Support Team regarding this.
To re-enable your HipChat Integration, all you need to do is to re-authenticate the token by following the instructions below:
- Once you received an email from the PayrollHero Support team, reply to them and let them know that you would still like to use the HipChat Integration.
- The PayrollHero Support Team should re-enable the Integrations page on your Settings.
- Once they have confirmed that the Integration is enabled, if you go to the Settings page on your PayrollHero account, you should be able to see this page. See screenshot below:
- Now login to your HipChat account – https://www.hipchat.com/sign_in
- If you can’t remember your login account, feel free to reset the password 🙂
- Once you have logged, it will take you to the HipChat page:
- Click on “Rooms”
- Click on the “Attendance” room you created.
- On the sidebar, click on “Tokens” and it should take you to a page that looks like this:
- Copy the token that you’ve created.
- Go to the “Integrations” page on your PayrollHero account.
- Paste the API token and click on UPDATE.
- And that’s it! You have successfully updated your HipChat Integration.
- If you go back to the HipChat page and click “Home”
- Click “Launch the web app” and you should be able to see the attendances again.
If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org