This new feature is only available for Philippine Payroll.
This rule will apply Overtime pay rates if an employee exceeds the threshold on any given shift.
If the per shift OT rule has a threshold of 8 hours
- The employee is scheduled to work the 1st Shift (2:00 to 10:00) and 2nd shift (20:00 to 00:00)
- The employee works exactly those hours then would not receive any overtime.
- However, if he worked 2 additional hours on the 1st shift and clocked out at 12:00 then he would be paid 2 hours at the overtime rate.
- Employee works the first shift from 9:00 to 17:00 and a second shift from 18:00 to 00:00.
- Employee would not be paid any overtime pay.
- However, if the employee worked additional time from 17:00 to 18:00, the employee would receive 1 hour of Overtime pay.
Setting up the Per Shift OT rule
- To use this setting, you will need to contact Support and request that an update needs to be made on your accounts’s DSL Settings.
- This means we’ll manually edit the settings of your account as this feature is not part of your current settings
Below is a template of code to implement the Overtime rule in the DSL.